Jacqueline Marie Bauer

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Did I really survive my first year of teaching?

Ahh! Here we are! It's the last week of school and I only have 2 days left. I can't believe how quickly this year went by. It's amazing how blessed and divine this internship turned out to be. We were able to really save for our baby, AND I was able to get insurance through the school district. Looking back,I know that my professors were inspired to suggest an internship, and although it was really difficult at times and I wanted to just give up, I learned so much.

I have so much respect for teachers. ESPECIALLY special education teachers. They work SO hard and care SO much for so little reward. It really is a thankless job. I really do have a passion for special education and I hope that I can continue to use my training and degree in my future endeavors.

Baby G is doing great! She is just growing and growing! I think she's like her mama and likes her space and I think she is a little peeved at her cramped style right now. Soon Baby Girl, soon. She is constantly moving around and kicking my ribs and trying to stretch out as much as she can. (Especially when i'm trying to sleep). I'm getting so excited to meet her! We have started getting things in order and getting ready to meet our little lady.

The other day, 2 of my friends threw me a baby shower and someone asked me if it was starting to feel real. I don't really think it will feel real until we bring her home from the hospital and I'm sleep deprived, wondering how the heck we got to this point in our lives.

The "nesting" they talk about is hitting me hard these days. All I want to do is CLEAN and ORGANIZE our house. I'm excited to be able to focus full time on getting things ready for Baby G.

It really is hard to imagine life with a baby. I'm excited to be a mom! Terrified... out of my mind... but excited!

32 Weeks

No comments: